Wednesday, September 23, 2009

South Padre Island, TX


09-20-09

We woke up early in the morning after a night hanging out with Terry, watching "Trapped" and drinking some cold beverages.

We decided that since it was my last day in Harlingen, we'd take the motorcycles for a spin to South Padre Island, TX.

We took the bikes out and met at Judy B's for breakfast. Then we jumped on the highway for the long 43 miles ride to The Island. I crossed the 2-mile long Queen Isabella Causeway to get onto the island. I crossed it like a champ! No fears going over the bridge. We arrived on South Padre Island and stopped at the welcome sign to take a couple of pictures.

Then we rode on to the island, crossing it from one end to the other. After spending some time there, we decided it was time to head back to the mainland. We stopped at Whataburger for a bit to eat before heading back.

Once back in Harlingen, I washed BB and got him ready to take to the H-D dealer to have him mounted onto the truck bed of my truck and ready for the long haul back to San Antonio, TX.

The guys at the dealership loaded BB onto my truck and strapped him down. It as the coolest thing to see my new motorcycle in the back of my truck. Finally, we were ready to head back home.

We went back to Richard's house to pick up the last of my things, said our farewells, and started on our journey back to SA.

BB and I arrived in SA to a much needed ride. My uncle helped me bring him down as the dealership was closed. Once off of my truck, I geared up and headed for Rick's house. We took a ride to the Pig Stand to have a bite to eat.

Then, it was time to retire for the night.

Bear Bait was tried from the long journey and needed some rest. And so did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment